Bill Holohan is rare among Irish solicitors, a fact recognised by the September 2020 decision of the Irish Government to award him a Patent of Precedence.
He became one of the first solicitors in Irish legal history to be appointed as a Senior Counsel Solicitor. He has also been appointed by the Chief Justice of Ireland as a Notary Public, and is an Irish and EU Trade Mark Practitioner and Intellectual Property Attorney.
Bill is a strong advocate of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) and is a certified Mediator and Arbitrator. (Please check our page on ADR for further information on this).
As a senior and experienced legal practitioner in professional practice for nearly 40 years, Bill is the author of no less than nine legal text books in the areas of Professional Practice, Commercial Law, Bankruptcy, Personal Insolvency and Insurance/Professional Negligence.
Over his career he has been awarded multiple awards including the Irish Franchise Association Award for Franchise Person of the Year (2007), (the only service professional ever so honoured), the Irish Law Awards award for Alternative Dispute Resolution Practitioner of the year. (2013) This firm has also been awarded the Irish Law Awards accolade for Best Law Firm of the year, (2017) together with a host of other industry awards.
Bill has served as:
- Secretary, later Treasurer and finally as Chairman of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators,
- Director & Council member of the Mediators Institute of Ireland,
- Founder member and Council member of the Irish Society of Insolvency Practitioners,
He currently serves as:
- Council Member of the Law Society of Ireland,
- Member of the Charity Appeals Tribunal, (Ministerial appointment),
- Member of the Complaints Adjudication Panel for Personal Insolvency Practitioners (Ministerial Appointment – two terms).
He is also a trustee of several charities and voluntary bodies.
- Commissioner for Oaths
- Notary Public
- CEDR & CIArb Accredited Mediator
- Irish Trade Mark Agent
- EU Community Trade Mark Practitioner
latest Articles from bill holohan
Read the latest articles…