John trained as a solicitor in Cork City with a leading legal practice and worked there for a year after qualifying. He then moved to Dublin and worked with a boutique commercial law firm for a few years, where he gained significant commercial experience, before returning to Cork and joining the firm of Holohan Lane LLP.
John is the legal advisor to the Irish Franchise Association.
He has wide experience and expertise in the areas of commercial law, property law and intellectual property. This includes such matters as:
- Company / business establishment.
- Commercial agreements
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Sale / transfer of undertakings & businesses
- Equity investments
- Company group restructuring (national and international)
- Corporate governance and company secretarial.
- Purchase / sale / lease of Real Estate
- Software licensing and development agreements.
- Intellectual property licensees.
- Franchising and distributorship agreements.
John has also acted for property developers, advising on the planning and financial structures involved, and has acted for the vendor of one of the largest recent sales in Munster.
Buying or selling property can be a stressful time for people. John can advise on every step of the transaction, pointing out pitfalls and shortcuts and providing reassurance at every stage
B.A.(Hons): Bachelor of Arts in Legal Science Sociology and Political Science, University College Galway 1994.
LL.B.(Hons): Bachelor of Legal Letters, University College Galway,1996.
Solicitor (2000 to date)